Security Operations Engineer
We are growing and are looking for future Axonians who value personal and career growth, team-work, and winning!
The ideal candidate has at least a couple of years of hands-on experience helping shape and operate a security operations function, even at a basic level. The person should have an engineering mindset and be familiar with Python or another modern programming language.
If you’re already a strong Python developer without extensive security experience and want to advance your cybersecurity skills, this is the perfect role for you!
What your day will look like:
As a Security Operations Engineer at Axonius, you will help to grow and mature the operational aspects of our well-resourced security program. This will involve evaluating and implementing security solutions as well as designing and participating in threat detection, response, and hunting activities. Your work will directly impact all areas of our business.
- Investigate alerts and events that might have information security implications.
- Respond to and handle the cross-team coordination of potential security incidents, and develop automations to reduce the chances of future similar incidents.
- Evaluate, implement, and maintain modern cloud-native security tooling related to corporate and product infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain custom internal tools to fully automate or otherwise supercharge the team’s human ability to triage and investigate security events.
- Follow industry security trends, advisories, news, and general research, and advise stakeholders across the company on how to stay ahead of relevant security risks.
- Advise internal stakeholders on security-related subjects ranging from general OpSec to corporate application or infrastructure architecture.
Our Culture and Benefits:
- Axonius is committed to ensuring that each team member has a clear and attainable long-term career path. To support this, we allocate a yearly budget to every employee, enabling them to invest in their own growth and learning according to their specific needs and aspirations. In addition, we are given access to Pluralsight, an online education platform that offers a variety of video training courses for software developers.
- We understand the importance of maintaining a healthy work-life balance. That's why we provide our employees with three long weekends throughout the year, giving them the opportunity to rejuvenate, spend quality time with loved ones, and invest in their own well-being. In addition, we created a special parental leave policy which allows both primary caregiver and secondary caregiver to spend substantial time with their newborn. We’re also proud to offer extra vacation days for the following important life events: marriage, birth of a grandchild, special milestones related to your children, loss of pregnancy and bereavement.
- We see you. As part of our culture, our employees' well-being is important to us.That’s why we offer psychological support services and support services.
- While we have physical offices in New York, Brazil, and Tel Aviv, we embrace a flexible working culture. The majority of our employees work remotely, regardless of their location around the globe. This flexibility allows us to tap into a diverse talent pool and enables our team members to work in a way that suits their individual preferences and circumstances.
- As a global company, we strive for excellence in everything we do. To support our employees in communicating effectively across borders, we provide English lessons as part of our commitment to their success.
Reach out if you are:
- Hands-on security operations experience working within a modern, zero-trust-oriented, and cloud and SaaS-heavy environment.
- Experience with a broad range of security technologies, not just a deep focus on a single toolset.
- Strong networking and systems knowledge, including a solid understanding of macOS, Windows, and Linux operating environments.
- The ability to write scripts or software to automate security engineering tasks in a modern programming language – Python is preferred
- Basic cloud infrastructure engineering knowledge (focused on AWS, and Terraform experience is a plus).
- Excellent organizational skills and strong ability to prioritize.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, especially in fast-moving, challenging situations.
A little more about Axonius:
Axonius gives customers the confidence to control complexity by mitigating threats, navigating risk, automating response actions, and informing business-level strategy. With solutions for both cyber asset attack surface management (CAASM) and SaaS management, Axonius is deployed in minutes and integrates with hundreds of data sources to provide a comprehensive asset inventory, uncover gaps, and automatically validate and enforce policies. Cited as one of the fastest-growing cybersecurity startups, with accolades from CNBC, Forbes, and Fortune, Axonius covers millions of assets, including devices and cloud assets, user accounts, and SaaS applications, for customers around the world.
Headquartered in New York, New York, Axonius employs over 600 people worldwide. Axonius has been recognized with the Great Place to Work Certification™ and was named to Dun’s Best Start Up Companies to Work for Over 100 Employees. For two years in a row, Axonius was ranked Deloitte Technology Fast 500 list as well as included on Inc. magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list. Axonius has been cited as the fastest growing cybersecurity company in history by revenue.
At Axonius we support a diverse and inclusive workplace and believe in equal employment opportunity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
By submitting your application to us, you acknowledge that your personal data will be processed in accordance with our Global Job Candidate Privacy Notice.