Backend Team Lead
Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2022
D-Fend Solutions values its employees as our greatest asset. Our professionals and subject matter experts, including personnel from elite military intelligence technology units, provide the best possible solutions to our leading customers around the world. We are proud of our impressive presence across different environments and industries, as well as the results we have helped our customers achieve in contending with their counter-drone challenges.
In addition to professional expertise, D-Fend Solutions seeks candidates who will thrive in a fast-moving, innovative and collaborative culture. It helps if you enjoy having fun – our “D-Fenders” are a light-hearted bunch who have stashed rubber ducks all around our headquarters.
Are you interested in working with the world’s leading cyber-takeover counter-drone technology provider?
Join D-Fend Solutions in helping to make the world a safer place by addressing emerging challenges in the dynamic and exciting counter-drone arena!
As a Backend Team Leader, you will play a key role in leading the development of our cutting-edge solutions to detect, track and mitigate drones. Your primary responsibility will be to successfully lead, model and coach your team to design and implement real-time, multi-core, and multi-threaded software tasks. And, continuously develop new features and capabilities for an up-to-date response to new drone models and components, while collaborating with our hardware, algorithms and radio-frequency (RF) engineers. This includes coding over a Linux platform, primarily in user space, with a rich and fully automated Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) platform. In addition, you will implement Scrum and Agile methodologies in your tasks, while taking features from the early requirement stage through design, implementation, integration, and then handing it over to our validation team.
- 3+ years of experience leading engineering team (3 SW Engineers or more)
- At least 5 years of hands on software development experience in C, C++, and/or Python
- Deep knowledge of Object-Oriented (OO) programming - A MUST
- Outstanding team player, with strong communication, collaboration, active listening, and problem-solving skills.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science / Engineering / relevant army course experience
- Deep understanding at Linux system-level programming and Linux operating system
- Highly experienced in SDLC and Software methodology for design, testing, CI, tools, code review and overall Software quality.
- Hard worker, ability to work independently in complex environment, with high sense of urgency, ownership and eagerness to work on a diverse set of software challenges
- Agile/Scrum environment expertise
- Strong understanding of CI/CD concepts, including automation concepts
- Extensive startup experience
- Knowledge of Networking and Operating Systems fundamentals
- Experience in interfacing with various hardware peripherals (i.e FPGA) and offloading engines
- Experience with real time architectures (ARM, X86) and embedded linux distributions (i.e Yocto)