Embedded Software Engineer
Posted on Monday, September 4, 2023
D-Fend Solutions values its employees as our greatest asset. Our professionals and subject matter experts, including personnel from elite military intelligence technology units, provide the best possible solutions to our leading customers around the world. We are proud of our impressive presence across different environments and industries, as well as the results we have helped our customers achieve in contending with their counter-drone challenges.
In addition to professional expertise, D-Fend Solutions seeks candidates who will thrive in a fast-moving, innovative and collaborative culture. It helps if you enjoy having fun – our “D-Fenders” are a light-hearted bunch who have stashed rubber ducks all around our headquarters.
Are you interested in working with the world’s leading cyber-takeover counter-drone technology provider?
Join D-Fend Solutions in helping to make the world a safer place by addressing emerging challenges in the dynamic and exciting counter-drone arena!
We are looking for a highly versatile senior embedded or Realtime developer to take part in developing our core software features. You will interface our algorithms and RF engineers to successfully implement real time, multi-core, multi-threaded software tasks.
Coding will be over embedded linux platform, mainly in user space with rich and fully automated CI/CD platform.
You will execute tasks in Scrum and Agile methodologies, while taking features from early requirement stage, through implementation and integration with validation group.
- At least 5 years of hands on software development experience in C++ (mainly in high level and user space) – MUST
- B.Sc. in Computer Science / Engineering / relevant army course & experience
- Implementation of complicated software tasks and real time logic
- Operate independently, while adopting changes to design and implementation as algorithms may change during integration
- Experience in multi-threading and multi-core systems
- Experience working with CI/CD systems
- Experience in interfacing with various hardware peripherals (i.e FPGA) and offloading engines
- Experience with real time architectures (ARM, X86) and embedded linux distributions (i.e Yocto)
- Experience in development of complex Realtime systems, or working in companies developing full systems
- Experience in Python (beyond simple QA scripts)
- Linux system-level programming
- Customizing Yocto distributions
- Integration with Xilinx/Altera IP modules