Senior Python Engineer
Posted on Monday, September 4, 2023
D-Fend Solutions values its employees as our greatest asset. Our professionals and subject matter experts, including personnel from elite military intelligence technology units, provide the best possible solutions to our leading customers around the world. We are proud of our impressive presence across different environments and industries, as well as the results we have helped our customers achieve in contending with their counter-drone challenges.
In addition to professional expertise, D-Fend Solutions seeks candidates who will thrive in a fast-moving, innovative and collaborative culture. It helps if you enjoy having fun – our “D-Fenders” are a light-hearted bunch who have stashed rubber ducks all around our headquarters.
Are you interested in working with the world’s leading cyber-takeover counter-drone technology provider?
Join D-Fend Solutions in helping to make the world a safer place by addressing emerging challenges in the dynamic and exciting counter-drone arena!
As a Senior Python Engineer, you will play a key role in the development of our cutting-edge solutions to detect, track and mitigate drones. Your primary responsibility will be to successfully implement real-time, multi-core, and multi-threaded software tasks and continuously develop new features and capabilities for an up-to-date response to new drone models and components, while collaborating with our algorithms and radio-frequency (RF) engineers. This includes coding over a Linux platform, primarily in user space, with a rich and fully automated Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) platform. In addition, you will implement Scrum and Agile methodologies in your tasks, while taking features from the early requirement stage through design, implementation, integration, and then handing it over to our validation team.
- At least 5 years of hands-on software development experience in Python – A MUST
- Deep knowledge of Object-Oriented (OO) programming - A MUST
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or Engineering, or relevant military courses and experience
- Team player, with strong communication, collaboration, active listening, and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience developing real-time stream processing solutions
- Agile/Scrum environment expertise
- Proven experience in C++ development
- Strong understanding of CI/CD concepts, including automation concepts
- Multi-process/threaded application knowledge
- Extensive startup experience
- Knowledge of Networking and Operating Systems fundamentals