Software Engineering, Sales & Business Development
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
D-Fend Solutions values its employees as our greatest asset. Our professionals and subject matter experts, including personnel from elite military intelligence technology units, provide the best possible solutions to our leading customers around the world. We are proud of our impressive presence across different environments and industries, as well as the results we have helped our customers achieve in contending with their counter-drone challenges.
In addition to professional expertise, D-Fend Solutions seeks candidates who will thrive in a fast-moving, innovative and collaborative culture. It helps if you enjoy having fun – our “D-Fenders” are a light-hearted bunch who have stashed rubber ducks all around our headquarters.
Are you interested in working with the world’s leading cyber-takeover counter-drone technology provider?
Join D-Fend Solutions in helping to make the world a safer place by addressing emerging challenges in the dynamic and exciting counter-drone arena!
D-Fend Solutions Inc., the world leader in Counter Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, (c-UAVs)/Counter Drone Technologies is seeking an experienced pre-sales engineer to join our growing North American Team. The pre-sales engineer will support the sales team and sales operations to drive sales opportunities, demonstrate our product, train our customers and sales team, provide technical assistance, and assist in achieving our sales goals.
As a subject matter expert on our offerings, products, the pre-sale engineer will assist sales managers in qualifying customers’ technical requirements, demonstrating the technical and operational features of the D-Fend product line, and answer all questions related to our products to the satisfaction of the customer. The pre-sale engineer will ensure proper handover of information to the Professional Services Team to prepare them for client engagements and project implementation by sharing knowledge gained about the customer environment, systems, and risk profile. The pre-sale engineer will also carry lessons learned from their activities and present these to the relevant product teams to supply input for the strategic direction of the product line.
Specific Duties and Activities:
- Product demonstration and presentation – Prepare, present, and demonstrate Company’s products to prospective customers
- Conduct Proof-of-Concepts, (POCs) and relevant field trials
- Work and communicate efficiently with the customer, internal teams, and other external interfaces to provide the best product demonstration to the customer
- Communicate all technical and operational features and benefits of the Company’s products to the customer
- Enable new sales opportunities by constantly collecting information about new customer requirements, changes in the field of c-UAV/counter drones, and potential competitors
- Availability for a full time in-office position (not remote or hybrid).
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills – serve as subject matter expert on product platforms while leading customer meetings and technical/operational discussions
- Ability to conduct all aspects of system demonstrations including handling demo cargo, independently setting up equipment in the field, operating/trouble-shooting the system and presenting its values to customers and partners.
- Technical/Operational background in operating tactical/RF systems for military activities.
- Strong self-study and research skills, ability to work independently and within/across teams
- Located in DC and ability to travel, (within North America) 50% of the time.