Communication Protocol Analyst
Posted on Sunday, November 26, 2023
D-Fend Solutions values its employees as our greatest asset. Our professionals and subject matter experts, including personnel from elite military intelligence technology units, provide the best possible solutions to our leading customers around the world. We are proud of our impressive presence across different environments and industries, as well as the results we have helped our customers achieve in contending with their counter-drone challenges.
In addition to professional expertise, D-Fend Solutions seeks candidates who will thrive in a fast-moving, innovative and collaborative culture. It helps if you enjoy having fun – our “D-Fenders” are a light-hearted bunch who have stashed rubber ducks all around our headquarters.
Are you interested in working with the world’s leading cyber-takeover counter-drone technology provider?
Join D-Fend Solutions in helping to make the world a safer place by addressing emerging challenges in the dynamic and exciting counter-drone arena!
We are looking for an experienced Communication Protocol Analyst / Signal Intelligence Analyst to perform bit level and procedural communication signal research for advanced proprietary wireless signals.
The communication protocol analyst will join our algorithms and signal research group and participate in the process of understanding the communication signals and dynamics in order to develop our counter-drone defense system.
The work encompasses managing research projects from start to finish, including handling of drones and lab equipment, acquiring samples, developing research tools as needed, designing controlled experiments to answer research questions, and communicating the results.
Analysis may include:
- Mechanisms common in communication signals, such as scrambling, interleaving, FEC and CRC.
- Packet types and structure – identify data fields, their locations, sizes and meaning.
- Communication dynamics – frequency hopping patterns, drone and RC time-division and behavior.
- Various pattern-recognition, reverse-engineering and “out of the box thinking” tasks.
- Hands on experience in communication signal analysis and backward engineering, capable of performing such tasks today and developing infrastructure tools using MATLAB, Python or any other SW language.
- Background in linear algebra - MUST
- Graduate of IDF Intelligence Corps signal analysis course (COMINT) or proven experience in similar positions in the defense or security industries - Preferred
- Experience in coding theory and in error correction methods - Preferred
- An advantage – Background in modem PHY and radio signals.
- An advantage – Background in finite fields, discrete mathematics or graph theory.
- An advantage – Background in data science or a scientific research discipline.