Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
D-Fend Solutions values its employees as our greatest asset. Our professionals and subject matter experts, including personnel from elite military intelligence technology units, provide the best possible solutions to our leading customers around the world. We are proud of our impressive presence across different environments and industries, as well as the results we have helped our customers achieve in contending with their counter-drone challenges.
In addition to professional expertise, D-Fend Solutions seeks candidates who will thrive in a fast-moving, innovative and collaborative culture. It helps if you enjoy having fun – our “D-Fenders” are a light-hearted bunch who have stashed rubber ducks all around our headquarters.
Are you interested in working with the world’s leading cyber-takeover counter-drone technology provider?
Join D-Fend Solutions in helping to make the world a safer place by addressing emerging challenges in the dynamic and exciting counter-drone arena!
We seek an efficient and skilled Bid Manager to join our team at D-Fend Solutions.
As a Bid Manager, you will lead the bid process, and be in charge of proposals submission. This includes ensuring the timely submission of high-quality proposals that meet client requirements, managing the bid resources effectively and establishing compliance with all RPF requirements and guidelines. The Bid Manager will also uphold an understanding of market, its players and trends, shall perform competitive landscape analysis, and be a vital influencer of the bid strategy. The Bid Manager will report to the VP Sales.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to our business development initiatives, strengthen our market position and drive revenue growth. If you are a result-oriented professional, passionate about delivering winning bids and contribute to our business growth, we anticipate your application.
We provide an inclusive and nurturing atmosphere that appreciates creativity and performance.
As a Bid Manager you will:
- Lead the end-to-end bid process, including opportunity identification, qualification and proposal submission.
- Develop and execute bid strategies that align with the company’s goals and client requirements.
- Coordinate with various teams, including sales, technical, legal and finance to ensure all aspects of a bid are addressed.
- Manage bidding resources and timelines to ensure on-time and high-quality proposal submissions.
- Identify new business opportunities by monitoring public and private sector tender portals.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate bid documentation, including bid files, records of communication and pricing information.
- Participate in negotiation sessions to secure favorable terms and conditions while focusing on profitability.
- Ensure compliance with client requirements, regulations and industry standards.
- Monitoring and evaluating bid performance metrics to identify areas for improvement.
- Stay updated on industry trends, market insights and emerging best practices in bid management.
Required skills and qualifications:
- English mother tongue speaker
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience as a bid manager, proposal manager or a similar role, preferably in the defense or security fields.
- Experience in managing bids for complex projects or large-scale contracts.
- Knowledge of government procurement processes and regulations.
- Demonstrated success in winning bids through effective proposal management.
- Strong understanding of the bid lifecycle, proposal writing, development and contract negotiation.
- Being well acquainted with a variety of different markets, contract laws and regulations.
- Proficiency in using bid management software and MS Office.
- Attention to detail and high accuracy in bid preparation and review.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and influence stakeholders at various levels.
- Understanding pricing strategies and financial analysis in bid development.
- Ability to create visually appealing and engaging bid presentations.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to priorities tasks and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex information clearly and persuasively.
There is an option for a part-time job with occasional peak, timely sensitive, full-time efforts.