Senior Director, Engineering Enablement
Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it.
Own company is looking for a Senior Director, Engineering Enablement to join our elite Engineering organization. You will report directly to the SVP of Engineering and lead all the global cross-activities in Engineering, enabling and prompting Engineering excellence. You will manage cross-functional teams as Engineering DevOps and Quality. You will be responsible for the entire engineering SDLC and Infrastructures and will actively work to optimize our technology, processes, and quality of deliverables. In addition to taking a major part in the day-to-day decision-making, you will be responsible for creating the vision for Engineering standards and efficiency.
- You have a strong process orientation and continuous improvement approach
- As a partner to many other teams, you know how to collaborate for the good of the company and get results even when you have to rely on people in other teams.
- You have experience supporting global teams and supporting different product lines
- You are data-driven and use factual information to support your decision-making.
- You have a can-do attitude while pushing the needed changes in the Organization
- You are able to take a communicative approach in a fast-paced environment
- You have a hands-on approach and the ability to delve deeper while ensuring the highest product quality throughout the development lifecycle
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Leading the Engineering cross activities as Engineering DevOps, and Quality groups while reporting to the SVP of Engineering
- Build and develop a highly efficient team, and develop a long-term SDLC strategy with robust monitoring.
- Create and manage the needed infrastructures and pipelines to reduce blockers and increase Engineering efficiency.
- Understand and develop techniques to deliver high-quality software in a company with a high rate of change to its SaaS software offering.
- Relentlessly automate tasks allowing massive, scaled operations with few humans
- Track all aspects of the costs associated with test/development infrastructure
- Lead and develop the Engineering processes and methodologies
- Take part in the decision-making of product development and contribute to the progress and growth across the organization
- Oversee the QA of all aspects of the products, including backends, frontends, data, etc.
- Provide mentoring to team managers and individual contributors
Your Work Experience
- 8+ years of experience leading DevOps, Infrastructure, and Quality, operating the Engineering enablement, cross-activities, and process optimization
- 5+ years of experience operating high-scale public cloud infrastructure in support of SaaS applications, especially AWS and Azure.
- Responsible for the infrastructure that supports multi-tenancy SaaS services delivered to enterprise customers.
- Experience in working according to agile methodologies and with a wide range of development processes
- Overseeing a variety of projects/products while collaborating with multiple teams
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in Computer Science or Equivalent
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Tel Aviv office a minimum of 3 days per week to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited holiday, meal tickets for lunch and a pension plan.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own is an equal opportunity employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.