Network Infrastructure Engineer
Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it.
The Network Infrastructure Engineer is a crucial member of the Own global Information Technology team, responsible for enhancing and maintaining our global 800+ user environment and offices worldwide. Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, this onsite position involves managing all infrastructure components, including network, hardware, software, and cloud infrastructure.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Design, maintain, upgrade, and install global computer networks using Cisco Meraki security appliances, Ubiquiti UniFi switches/access points, and related hardware.
- Maximize network and system performance through monitoring, troubleshooting, upgrades, and collaboration with stakeholders.
- Secure networks and systems by establishing/enforcing security policies and monitoring access.
- Maintain vendor relationships for global infrastructure needs.
- Design, build, configure, and maintain various infrastructure components, including network, hardware, software, and cloud infrastructure (AWS and Azure).
- Write and maintain custom scripts to enhance system efficiency.
- Troubleshoot and resolve diverse infrastructure issues, ensuring clear communication with stakeholders.
- Maintain documentation, enforce system standards, and manage wiring closets.
- Aid the Security Team in detecting and remediating hardware and software vulnerabilities.
- Stay current on security and networking best practices.
Your Work Experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an enterprise environment.
- Experience in designing and implementing networking systems (LAN/WAN, WiFi, firewalls, switches, routers).
- Substantial knowledge and experience with Cisco Meraki Firewalls and Ubiquiti products.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP protocols, IP addressing/subnetting, VLANs, and routing protocols.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS and Azure).
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders and colleagues.
- Proficiency with Mac (or Unix/Linux) systems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects from design to implementation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective analytic/diagnostic skills.
- Adept in specific programming languages (e.g., Scripting, Python).
- Experience in designing network monitoring solutions.
- Working knowledge of Wireshark, iPerf, and other networking tools.
- Flexibility to work outside regular hours to support global offices.
- International travel required.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Customer-focused with a willingness to tackle challenges collaboratively.
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.