Business Development Associate
Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it.
Own is looking for a passionate, dedicated, and highly motivated Business Development Associate to join our elite Business Development team.
As part of the Business Development team, this role will offer hands-on experience and skills essential for working in the sales domain. You serve as the initial contact for prospective customers inquiring about our data solutions. Your responsibilities include identifying and assessing leads generated through inbound channels, playing a pivotal role in fostering business growth. This entry-level role provides a chance to build fundamental skills in business development within a dynamic and innovative setting.
As you progress in the Business Development Associate role, we're dedicated to assisting you in shaping your long-term career path at Own. You will have the opportunity to gain exposure to various business functions throughout your journey with us.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Handle leads from various marketing channels (chat, email, phone, social media)
- Work within a process-driven framework that drives campaign accountability
- Research and enrich lead data to understand prospects’ needs, evaluate Own’s impact, and assess the opportunity scale
- Qualify Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) to secure meetings for global Account Executives and Alliances Managers
- Collaborate with fellow BDA to ensure timely responses to hot and warm leads
- Continuously develop product and industry knowledge through both class-based and self-paced training and enablement
- Demonstrate maturity in interactions with consultancies, partners, and when making introductions
- Personalize communications for high-value leads
- Sustain active engagement with prospects through persistent outreach
- Provide feedback for continual improvement of your funnel and performance
Your Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Collaborative team player
- Quick learner in a fast-paced industry
- Passionate commitment to achieving sales excellence
- High energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective multitasking ability
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office a minimum of 3 days per week to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own is an equal opportunity employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.